background

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

That's all folks!...or IS it...!

Well the show is over at least and it was a great weekend for all! The weather wasn't great, but opening night sure was! We were all overcome by how many came out to the opening reception and the cupcake buffet was spectacular - as was the amazing work contributed by the panel of artists. What a smorgasboard of stuff we had! There were paintings, stained glass, melted glass, drawings, paper mache, sculptures, knitted goods, crochet pieces, clay work, buttons, books, greeting cards and more! I couldn't stop squeeling during set up. All in all we raised over $1100 for Marguerite's Place!
The show was so well received by the artists and public who attended that I'd say this is not the last we've seen of the cupcake art show. But that is talk for another time ;)

For now I look forward to going to a wonderful workshop at the Paperie on March 1st on how to make cupcake greeting cards by the lovely Meghan! I strongly suggest you go! I can't believe how much fun I had making a few cards at the show this weekend!

On to other art projects I suppose, now that I've conquered my fear of painting! Here are the pieces I submitted to the show. A few are still available for purchase!

"Three's Company"
Foam, paper, pvc matted and framed.
$75

"Cupcake and Beaters"
SOLD

Hand knit cupcake patches
$5 each

Hand knit cupcake scarves
$35 each

Mini Cupcakes
Acrylic on canvas
SOLD

"Sacrilicious"
Acrylic on canvas
SOLD
*Prints of this piece will soon be available


1 comment:

  1. you're lovely!
    i only have two spots left in my workshop on march 1st, and i've got some REALLY fun techniques planned! :)

    ReplyDelete