background

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the painting procrastination continues....

I've come to realize I am doing everything within my power to prevent having to start the paintings I want to do for the cupcake show... I've always been scared of painting. I can't tell you why. I just feel like i'm not very good at it. Even though i 'paint' on people every day for some reason I panic when i put paintbrush to canvas. I'm afraid it won't be good enough.

So instead i've been cutting, and gluing and knitting... but no painting. First I planned on using my 5 days off over xmas to start painting, or well, to start working on projects but I had envisioned I would at least start painting. That time came and went while empty canvases still sit unused in my closet. Now i have two more days off and swear I am going to start a painting tomorrow.

Maybe I have to approach this like I do a tattoo. Come up with a preliminary sketch, refine it till I'm perfectly happy with it, do a color study then move on to the final product. But on the canvas instead of skin. Well its worth a shot I guess. If you have advice for getting over this personal artistic hurdle of mine, i'm all to happy to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment